Plaza and UnPlaza Art Fairs this weekend!
I love to design a room for staging or just designing with an amazing piece of art typically wall art or rug art. Sometimes a piece of furniture art. I can't wait for my next staging project and am thinking about one of these art pieces for my theme. Which do you like? Help me pick one and over the next week, I will build a Staging Project around it and show you what I come up with for a house.
Floors are medium brown, walls are white or gray, trim white or original brown, kitchen cabinets white or gray - sounds pretty bland!
As you get ready to sell your house the first thing to do is get a Preinspection and repair the common items that most buyers will request to be repaired. Last year I assisted 32 buyers in the purchase of homes and the following items were typical repair requests.
- It takes 2 weeks of class and pass a test to get licensed as a Realtor.
- 80% of the 8000+ Realtors in the KC Metro are in their first 1-2 years as a Realtor doing 1-3 transactions a year. Most drop out in the first 1-2 years.
- 20% of the Realtors are Fulltime and their only Career or Business
- Becoming a great Realtor is an on the job learning career. You just don't know what you are doing until you have done a lot of transactions over several years.
- Many of the 20% Realtors are "Mega Agents" with big teams and do mostly listings. Or they bring on new Buyer's Agents to handle the buyers (NEW means in their first 1-2 years without any experience or real knowledge). Being a Listing Agent is where the money is and less work. So its a Rare Realtor who is experienced, fulltime who does a balance of listings and buyer clients. In a Seller's Market to be a Great Buyer's Agent you need to do both.
- The only way to know how to navigate a Seller's Market with multiple offers on most houses within 24 hours is to be doing a lot of offers with multiple clients to learn how to do it better.
In the last year I have assisted in the closing of 32 transactions, over half of them Buyer Clients. In the last 4 months, I have had 15 Buyer Clients and have put in on average 5 offers each before acceptance of an offer. Below is the a look at a typical day in my Realtor Life.
We are in and out of houses with buyers in the Urban Cool KC Neighborhoods daily and we have the pulse on what these modern, millenial buyers fall in love with. The decor, interior design and staging that is really appealing to the Urban KC Buyer is Urban Ecletic: which is a mix of mid century modern, rustic farmhouse, ikea/west elm/crate&barrel. If you are getting ready to sale your house these are some tips to upgrade and stage accordingly. This is Part I. Part II will be more of the bringing in the color with art work, pillows, rugs, vases, lighting etc..